Rescue the Rescuer - Duluth - with Ronin Rescue
Time & Location
About the Event
Hosted by St Louis County Rescue Squad
This 5-day, 10+ hours per day seminar is designed for rescue and rope access team leaders. Each day will be a combination of classroom learning and preparation followed by field-testing of systems, including the failing of those systems. This failure will be followed up with the students implementing a recovery of the system and rescuing the rescuer and patient from the failed system – a truly worse case rescue scenario all while recording relevant data and documenting practices.
Attendees will have the rare-if-ever opportunity to experience failures that are usually only talked about as theory and execute recoveries from those failures.
*System failures have been carefully designed for safety and will not use live loads.
Students must be one of NFPA Rope Technician, ITRA L3, MRA Rescue Leader, GRIMP IMP3, or Rope Access L2 qualified. This course will be mentally and physically demanding.
- Reeving Systems
- Skate Blocks and variants
- TTRS and DMDB choices and consequences
- High Directionals and failures
Required evening sessions:
- Debriefs and discussions
- Team leadership
- Command and Comms
- Strategey and tactics of small team con-space and rope rescue
- SSSF and DSSF
- SWL, WLL, and MBS
- Lightweight Rescue
Gear List (loaners can be arranged, please contact us) All system rope in class will be 11mm (7/16)
- Manufactured Class II or III harness ( I say manufactured because I've had handmade harnesses show up)
- Rugged, closed toe shoes
- Long pants
- Water bottle
- Pen and notepad
- Hands free stop DCD or system with hands free stop.
- Ascending system with 2 points of attachment at or above the waist
- Dynamic cowstails or lanyards for fall protection/positioning
- 6 24kn or greater locking carabiners
- Assorted short slings and prusik cords
- 5+m accessory cord or similar (anchorage, edge pro, etc)
- Backup/Fall Arrest device
- Mechanical Ascending system
- Small rope grab
- Small Rescue pulley
- Sense of humor
Payment in full required at registration
- Refunds - refunds minus bank processing fees will be provided if prior to 60 days before class, 75% refunded inside of 60 days (if space cannot be filled), 50% inside of 30 days (if space cannot be filled), and no refunds within 14 unless space can be filled *credit towards future courses may be provided. Course postponements due social issues (pandemic, unrest, wildfire, etc) will be credited to rescheduled course or another future course.
- Contact us at to arrange alternate payment methods
- Negative COVID test *may* be required prior to course (situational and TBD)
- DuluthRescue the Rescuer$1,600$1,6000$0